As we are now looking forward to being able to reopen the Mosque for congregational prayers from 4 July, please find the following sops:
SOP for Phased/Limited opening of Boston Mosque & Islamic Center
Please remember the main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- If anyone, any family member or close contact has above symptoms should stay at home and keep the community and the mosque safe from COVID 19.
Use of the Premises:
As you are all aware that the main ground floor prayer hall has very poor ventilation. In order to restrict any potential spread of COVID 19 the main ground floor prayer hall will be out of commission until further notice. There will be limited number of spaces available for congregational prayers maintaining 2m social distancing. Please note the following actions that need to be followed.
- Adults above 65 years of age, children below 14 years and women should stay home.
- There will be one-way flow of traffic in the first-floor prayer hall. Entry will be from the newly build ladies entrance and exit from the fire escape door.
- To make this work bring your shoes with you to the prayer hall and put your shoes in the shoe racks or bring a shoe bag with you.
- Before entering and operating the security lock on the door sanitize your hands
- Perform wudu at home as there will be very restricted wudu facility available only for when it becomes absolutely necessary.
- Pray Sunnah and Nawaafil at home.
- There will be no copies of Quran, any other books or literature available for public use.
- Before entering after sanitising your hands put on a face mask or any other facial covering
- Bring your own prayer mat with you in order to keep the mosque carpets COVID free.
- No food items or drinks will be allowed in the mosque. You can bring your personal water bottle. No food or drinks will be supplied by the mosque.
- Avoid touching surfaces and restrict yourself to your prayer mat.
- Avoid handshakes and hugging each other and strictly maintain the 2meter social distance.
Children and Adult education
- Children madrasa education will continue on line for the foreseeable future
- Quran circle for adults will continue on line for the foreseeable future
These SOPs are designed to keep the mosque and the community safe and would highly appreciate your cooperation. Keep yourself and the people around you safe.